What Is Risperdal?
Risperdal (risperidone) treats certain mood disorders, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, bipolar mania, and irritability associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Over the years, doctors have prescribed risperidone for many off-label uses, including anxiety, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, eating disorders, insomnia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, personality disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse, and Tourette’s syndrome.
Reports of Risperdal Risks
Risperidone has many potential side effects, the risk of which may be higher if taken in combination with certain medications.
The most common Risperidone side effects include:
- Aggressive behavior
- Changes in vision
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Inability to move your eyes
- Increased urine output
- Lack of balance
- Mask-like face
- Memory problems
- Muscle spasms in your face, neck, and back
- Restlessness or need to keep moving
- Shuffling walk
- Skin rash or itching
- Stiffness or weakness of the arms or legs
- Tic-like or twitching movements
- Trembling and shaking of the fingers and hands
- Twisting body movements
- Urination problems
Another potential side effect is gynecomastia, which is the growth of breast tissue in men. It’s a non-cancerous growth that can happen in one or both breasts. There are currently thousands of cases pending against J&J for failing to warn patients about the risk of breast growth.
Settlements for Risperdal Lawsuits
If you’ve experienced this condition, talk with a Risperdal gynecomastia lawyer about your options.
This drug has a history of legal action and fines, including, but not limited to:
- In 2012, J&J agreed to pay $181 million to 38 states to settle claims it promoted risperidone for off-label uses.
- In 2013, J&J was fined $2.2 billion for unlawfully marketing risperidone for treating dementia.
- In 2019, plaintiffs won a $6.8 million verdict against J&J based on the company hiding severe side effects, including gynecomastia.
How Do I Know if I Have a Risperdal Case?
Have you experienced severe side effects from taking risperidone for years? Talk with a Risperdal lawyer in Lancaster, PA, about your experience. You may be one of many who are entitled to damages because of J&J and Janssen’s harmful and unethical conduct. We will work with highly respected experts to determine if your condition is causally linked to your Risperdal prescription.
Contact Our Pennsylvania Risperdal Lawyers for Help
If Risperdal has harmed you or a loved one, you should speak with our experienced defective drug lawyers right away. We have worked with victims of dangerous drugs for many years and will make sure your case is thoroughly evaluated. Then, we will pursue the financial compensation you need and deserve to move on with your life.
Call Atlee Hall today at (717) 393-9596 or use our online contact form to reach out for a free consultation.