Dos and Don’ts Following a Car Accident
The sudden trauma of a car accident can leave you injured and uncertain about what to do next.
However, by thinking clearly and following some basic steps, you can ensure that you and any injured passengers are able to pursue financial compensation through a personal injury lawsuit should the accident be the result of another driver’s negligence. The experienced Pennsylvania auto accident attorneys at Atlee Hall suggest the following dos and don’ts in the event that you are involved in a auto accident:
- Assess yourself and passengers for injuries
- Contact police to report the accident and request emergency medical responders
- Consent to medical evaluation; some symptoms of injury are not immediately apparent
- Provide accurate information to the authorities
- Cooperate with your insurance company
- Gather pertinent information regarding the circumstances of accident as well as contact information for any witnesses
- Contact the Lancaster auto accident lawyers at Atlee Hall, LLP.
- Leave the scene of the accident
- Admit fault to the police, your insurance company or the insurance companies of other involved drivers
- Sign any insurance company documentation, including settlement offers, without consulting with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer
If you live in the Lancaster, York, Harrisburg or anywhere in Pennsylvania and you were injured in a car accident, please contact the auto accident attorneys at Atlee Hall, LLP for your free case evaluation.