Success Stories

consumer safety is our priority

Verdict for small child harmed by unsafe batteries

Atlee Hall recently obtained a jury verdict on behalf of a small child who was burned by battery acid. The brand new batteries were purchased at a dollar store across from the family’s home. Minutes after placing the batteries in the child’s swing, the new batteries began leaking acid. The then 22 month old child put her fingers in the acid and then put her fingers in her mouth causing burns to her lips, tongue, and throat.

The batteries sold to the family were unsafe and unreasonably dangerous for use. Brand new batteries simply should not leak acid. When that acid causes harm to someone, in this case it happened to be to a small child, the company must be held responsible.

Atlee Hall believes in the importance of holding corporations accountable for selling unsafe products to consumers like this family as it helps make the community a safer place for all of us.

For more information contact